Peppermint Patties: Simple, Wholesome and Easy
It doesn’t matter what time of year it is; any recipe with peppermint is either a reminder of the holidays or a refreshing flavor on a warm day. Simple, wholesome and easy peppermint patties. Could it really be possible? My kind of recipe is one that requires little time, little cleanup and is mom tested for ingredients and health and the family definitely approves.
Peppermint oil is used in so many recipes but most are synthetic. There is just a flavor and a sweetness that comes when using pure ingredients from the earth. Pure and potent peppermint essential oil is a must in this recipe. Plus there is no cooking involved which means you don’t lose one bit of the benefits you can draw from taking peppermint essential oil internally. It’s a little pick-me-up and will add some pep to that step. Warning: These are addicting and are much better when pulled straight out of the freezer. You’ve been forewarned no enjoy and go ahead and lick the bowl after you are done.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 C coconut oil, room temp
- 1/2 C honey
- 1-3 drops of doTERRA Peppermint Essential Oil
(depends on how strong you like the mint flavor.
Use 1 drop first, taste and then add from there)
- 3 dark chocolate bars, minimum 72% cacao
- 1/2 C coconut oil, melted
- In a bowl, mix the 2 cups of coconut oil, honey and peppermint extract.
- Form patties out of the mixture and place on a plate of parchment paper. Place in freezer to harden.
- While waiting, melt the chocolate bars and 1/2 C coconut oil over medium low heat in a saucepan. Remove from heat to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Dip the hardened patties in the chocolate until covered and place back on the plate. Place in the freezer until the chocolate has hardened.